Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Great Pepper Incident of 2007


Have I mentioned recently that the twins have been extremely mischievous as of late? Today it was the one that WASN'T Alexis.

I was testing a new mashed potato recipe tonight for dinner (one that I want to use on Thanksgiving) so I fed the kids and had about 20 minutes until the potatoes were done. I had PLENTY of time to give them all showers before they'd be done. As usual, I took the girls in first and when they were done, I dried them off and told them to wait for me in the living room while I finished Nate's shower. About a minute into Nate's shower, Lexi came running into the bathroom yelling "Maddie do it!!! Maddie do it!!" So I gave a yell out telling Maddie to get out of whatever she was into. I didn't hear anything else about it so I just figured everything was great. So I finished up with Nate and sent him out.

I wasn't prepared for what I saw when I stepped out of the bathroom: one complete (minus 1/2 tsp I'd used in the new mashed potatoes recipe) bottle of pepper completely emptied all over the kitchen and living room floors. And one Madison, giggling, naked, jumping on the couch.

I was not pleased.

But rather than get all worked up, I grabbed the camera and video camera. Take a gander...

The first area of carpet that I came too...
Take a closer look at that pile...
The Great Dr. Pepper herself...
One small area of the kitchen floor...
And more of the kitchen floor...
Wasn't me!!

And for your viewing pleasure...the interview...


4 comments:

TnMomTo3 said...

Oh man!! You did better than I would have done!! :)

Emma's bad about emptying the salt shaker out onto the table...

Thank goodness for vacuum cleaners, huh?

Anonymous said...

I love the giggling, naked, jumping on the couch! LOL
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the giggling, naked, jumping on the couch! LOL
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Woops...not sure how I double posted that!?!
Lisa