Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Love New England in the Fall

One thing I will never tire of is fall in New England. There's just something about the brilliant reds, yellows and oranges that just can't be seen anywhere else. Every year since I moved out here, we've gone "leaf peepin'" every fall. I've seen the peak colors every year but for some reason or another, we've never actually been able to get decent photos of it. We've either gone a week too early or a week too late and the colors were always just...well, eh. Yesterday, since the colors were still quite vibrant, we spent the day out and about getting some photos. We were extremely pleased with our results and took upwards of 400 photos.

But of all the shots we took, the foliage ones were not my favorites (but don't get me wrong, those are still awesome). The photos that Joe managed to capture of the kidlets are right up there with my favorite pics ever of them. Here's a sampling...

Maddie left, Lexi right. PERFECTION! Tied for my all time favorite photo of the girls.

The sun was in their eyes so they wouldn't look up but I still liked it.
The girlies sitting on a mini stone bridge.
Nate peeking from around a tree.
Another favorite of mine...
Lexi pointing to something that was fascinating her.
One of my favorites of Nate from the day.
Let me just say that overall (from the time of their birth until present), you'll see more photos of Alexis. Maddie just has absolutely no interest in playing to the camera. Lexi, on the other hand, loves the camera. She follows direction well (when she feels like it, that is) and really plays to it. Maddie would rather be her funny, silly self and if you don't get a good photo, too bad. So on that note, here's a shot of Lexi playing the part perfectly and it's another favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you got a million perfect shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!