Friday, April 25, 2008

She Who Never Gardens

She who never gardens, has been gardening...kind of. Last fall, I picked out quite a few flower bulbs and Joey planted. Then we waited. With the fierce winter, I wasn't sure if anything would come up. Imagine my surprise when all but 1 blub came up right on time!! Last spring, we were give some hostas as well as some tiger lilies from a person here in town. We also planted some hostas that we'd purchased and the shrubs were planted the first year we were in the house. We weren't sure if the hostas were going to make it because last summer they were pelted with hail and it really tore them up. But alas, all of those have come up as well. Here are a few photos of the flower garden. Nothing fancy but we plan on planting some more bulbs again this fall. We planted tulips, daffodils and hyacinth (I think that's what they are in front).





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Brandi!

Brooke

Sheri said...

Very pretty! I like those little shrubs too. Nice job!

Tanya said...

Pretty flowers. It makes me jealous because it's still fairly cold here. We're probably going to re-do our front landscaping this year also. I'm really looking forward to doing anything that involves gardening!

Sheri said...

Happy Mother's Day Brandi! Hope you have a wonderful day!