Tuesday, April 01, 2008

STRIKE!!

On Sunday, we took the kids to bowling at Leda Lanes. Leda Lanes is a candlepin bowling alley as opposed to your traditional 10 pin large ball bowling alley. Until I moved to the northeast, I'd never even knew such a thing existed. It's played with smaller balls (2.7 lbs) and instead of getting 2 balls for each frame, you get 3. And the pins are quite a bit smaller and shaped differently. For more info on candlepin bowling, visit http://www.ledalanes.com/ .

Anyway, the kids had a great time bowling! It was their first time and we weren't sure if they'd enjoy it but they loved it! I took some pics with my el cheapo camera but they were a bit dark. Here they are...


Joe helping Nate!
Lexi at her favorite area of the alley - the ball return!
The popular stance for the girls - hands on the hips!
Nate patiently waiting for his turn!
The "special shoes"! The kids loved them!
The guys!
Maddie waiting for her turn!
Lexi right after her roll!
Maddie watching her ball S-L-O-W-L-Y roll down the alley!
Lexi waiting for her turn!

6 comments:

Miss French Jessica said...

FUN! We've not taken the kids bowling, yet, but now that I see how much fun yours have had, I may just do it. Looks like you had a great time!

Marie Starr said...

Those photos are darling! You can just feel their excitement. Looks like you all had an enjoyable time!

Marie

Cloves said...

How fun. My kids love to go bowling. Thank goodness for the Wii or we'd be at the alley all the time.

sherbear said...

Cute pics!! I totally understand the ball SLOWLY rolling ... lol
When i took my youngest for the first time she loved the ball return also!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Fun! We haven't taken the kids to do real bowling yet. All of our bowling takes place on the Wii.

Anonymous said...

Ah, what fun! We took the kids about 2 years ago...then both the bowling alleys in this city closed down!
Glad that the kids enjoyed it so much! They really liked the shoes eh? LOL I have my own from when I was in a league ;)
Lisasim