Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Our Goings On of Late...

I can't believe that the summer of '07 is on it's way out already. It seems like it just arrived and we're now already into August. We took the kids to Kittery and York (in Maine) on Saturday. It was a hot 90+ degrees and everyone else was apparently thinking the same: the beach. All the parking lots were full so we ended up skipping it and just visiting some friends. Never fear though - we'll be heading back at the end of the month for a few days so the kids will definitely get some beach time, weather permitting. We were up there all day and didn't take one single photo. Odd for us, huh? I promise there'll be beach photos at the end of the month.

In the meantime...on Sunday after getting home from shopping, Lexi managed to get stung by a yellow jacket. Joe found a nest underneath the deck - it was the size of a softball. Lexi was screaming bloody murder saying "bee....hurt" in between sobs. But I couldn't make out where she'd been stung. I finally got her to pull her head out of my shoulder when I saw the sting. In the corner of her right eye. Here are some quick pics I took while she was eating lunch, just after she'd been stung.

She was showing me where the "bee" stung her.
The little red dot to the left of her eye is the actual sting.
You can see how puffy her eye was here.
Side shot.
And our other big excitement for Sunday. The girls started sleeping in their big girl beds! The transition went VERY well. They played around for about an hour and after all seemed quiet, we crept into the room and snapped these 2 photos. Maddie's in the bed on the left, Lexi sleeping with her head at the opposite end of the bed on the right.

And last but not least...today I worked with Nathaniel on coloring inside the lines. Previously when we've tried this, it has not gone so well. This time, I'm happy to say, was a huge success. The top shapes I made and colored in to show him. The bottom ones, I drew but HE colored in. The circle has lines because he was going to make it into a sun. :) So he did great!!

No comments: