Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Have an Artiste

I mentioned in my last post that Nathaniel has been branching out in his artwork. Well, it seems I now have a little artiste on my hands. He's been drawing all different things! Cars, wagons, birthday balloons, french fries, pizza, chickens (chicken nuggets - can you tell he likes McDonald's?), the slide & swingset...and many others. So while he went through at least another 15 sheets of paper today (front AND back), I snapped some pics. Here they are....

I took this before he started his drawing! I took it mostly because of his shirt. I found it at Target and it says "Monkey See...Monkey Do....Monkey get in trouble too!"
Here he is getting ready to start!
Pondering what to do next.
Had to sneak this one in here...look at those lashes! Lucky kid!!
A minor achievement! It's very close to a tripod grasp, which is something we've been working towards since last school year. I don't even need to remind him anymore to hold the pencil/crayon the right way. :) Thanks to his wonderful OT and teachers/therapists, he's now doing great. They make him use a pencil gripper that forces him to hold it correctly. We have one here at home that we use whenever he uses a pencil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG Nate! So good to see/hear him making such great progress!!
Lisasim

TnMomTo3 said...

What awesome pictures of Nate!! It sounds like he's doing great!!