Wednesday, June 06, 2007


Happy Birthday Dad!
Today would have been my dad's 57th birthday. Instead, it's been 6 years since his passing. For the first year or more after my dad died, I had dreams about him at least 4-5 nights a week. 6 years later, the dreams aren't nearly as frequent but I still have them. And coincidentally (or not), I had one this week. I guess my mind knew this date was approaching.
Anyway, the photo that I chose to share is my favorite photo of my dad. It was taken at our wedding in 1999. He's sharing a cigar with his buddy from high school and the happiness is unmistakable. And that hat...who could forget his Mel McDaniel hat? It was a custom made hat that our neighbor bought for him when he took his family on vacation out west. (Thanks Pastor Tucker!) I want to say I was about 12 or 13 at the time. He loved that hat but rarely wore it. He dug it out for the reception and I think he received more attention than me and Joe. He was a huge hit! And I look back at our wedding pictures and have to smile at the photos of him in that hat. He looked like Boss Hog from the Dukes of Hazzard...too bad we didn't make him wear an all white tux.
Happy Birthday Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your great memeories of your Dad with us. What a tragic loss for you Brandy. He sure did look like Boss Hog! Too funny! MAybe he is in a white tux in Heaven!
Love, Regan

Lisa said...

He is looking down at you Brandy. I bet he has that same smile on his face watching you and his grandchildren.
lisasim