Wednesday, June 27, 2007

One Week Update
Has it really only been a week? Well, one week and one day since the potty training journey began. I thought this would be a good time for an update. I'll do it by child.
Maddie - 4 days of accidents every 20-30 minutes. Her bladder control just isn't there yet. She went back into diapers on Friday of last week. She's asked for panties alot but I keep telling her we'll try again in a month or two.
Lexi - By far the easiest one! She was literally trained by day 2. We've had only one or two accidents since Wednesday of last week.
Nate - whew, what a rough start. By Thursday of last week, I was ready to throw in the towel and put him back in diapers. We didn't seem to be making ANY progress at all. Finally on Friday, I realized that I just wasn't paying close enough attention to him and his body language because he had several tell tale signs of when he had to potty. So Joe and I stuck on him like white on rice over the weekend and managed to get him to do something on the potty twice. It must have just clicked with him those two times because we haven't had any accidents since then!!! Praise the Almighty!! I honestly didn't think this day would come until he was 15. But alas, it has. Now we'll be working on him getting HIMSELF on the potty. I need to find a little step stool to put in front of the toilet in hopes of encouraging him to do it himself.
FYI - I started singing this ridiculous potty song with him when we started and now he sings it alot. I have a small portion of it on video but I'm going to try to get the whole thing so I can post it!!

No comments: