Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pure Christmas Joy

Two weeks ago, I told Joe that I didn't think I was going to do any Christmas baking. After he laughed at me and called me a liar, I realized he was probably onto something. Less than a week later, I was making out my Christmas Goodie List. I tried several new recipes this year and I'm pleased to say that I approved of all of them! I even have a new favorite. So for your viewing pleasure...

Baking Supplies: Upwards of $100
Baking Magazines for new Recipes: $10
Pure Christmas Joy: PRICELESS
Clockwise from the left: Peanut Butter Blossoms, Andes Peppermint Crunch Icebox Cookies, Gingerbread, Chocolate Chip, Plain Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Fudge with Walnuts, Oreo Balls, Chocolate Billionaires, Peanut Butter Bon Bons. In the center on the left, Paula Deen's Creme de Menthe Frosted Brownies and Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies w/ Candy Cane Kisses.
This right here is heaven on earth, my new favorites.
Many people ask me - How can you possibly bake with 3 little ones running around? Quite simply - by ignoring housework and letting my kids watch movies all day and dragging toys up from downstairs. Here's what my typically "clean" house looks like after a couple of days of baking.

The kitchen/dining room
A closer look
And the living room where Nate watches tv and the girls are stringing yet more toys all over the floor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm! Everything looks so delish! What are the new favorites with the red trim? I love to bake too and usually make too much as well. I start mine on Wednesday or Thursday,..whenever I can get the stuff.

Your house doesn't look too bad. My house looks like that everyday during the day until bedtime.

Brooke

Unknown said...

Yes, please post the pepperminty crunchy recipe, looks yummmmmy. Also, you are lucky I'm way down here in TX...if I were up there, you'd have daily visits from me, sneaking into your cookie jar! :)

TnMomTo3 said...

Those look scrumptious!!

Your "messy" house is neater than my "neat" house! :) I don't know how you do it!

I agree with the others, you must post recipes!!

TnMomTo3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That's what my house looks like on the good days! Feh. Looks yummmy!

Anonymous said...

I think that the mess is worth it! Look at all those yummy treats :)
Lisasim