Thursday, July 24, 2008



I haven't taken many pictures of the kids this week as I've been cleaning like a mad woman and just haven't taken the time to pull out the camera. I spent 3 and half hours in the playroom weeding out toys, cleaning and sorting. I moved onto the office and scraproom and spent 2 days in there - a total of at least 6-7 hours. The entire upstairs got an overhaul too. Soooo, since I finished all the cleaning, I decided to bake. :)
I had a neighbor over last night for a girls night in of mini homemade pizzas (hoping to post that recipe next week), pigs in a blanket and Toll House Pie with Haagen Daas Vanilla Bean ice cream. YUM!
Here's the recipe that I found on Bakerella's Blog :
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
Serve with ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
NOTE: If using frozen pie shell, use deep dish style and thaw completely. Bake on baking sheet and increase baking time slightly.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

You are evil posted a wonderfully delicious recipe when I am so hungry! I could really use some right now. Could I send my broom over to get some?

I am making the BBQ pulled pork for my brother and his family tomorrow. I will let you know how I do.