Friday, August 01, 2008


Guess where we spent the afternoon?

Yes, we went to the beach. The kids have been wanting to go since we had to forego it last Friday due to my broken foot incident. My foot has been feeling great and I'm even able to walk on it a little bit without the cast. So I talked with neighbor about going with her and if she'd be willing to help me, especially with the water part of it since, obviously, I cannot go running into the water if one of the kids needed me to. She agreed (she's such a sweetheart) and so we hit the beach.

As you can see above, I sat my behind in a chair while the kids played around us.

And here's my Natey...he went into the water for the first time today. The last 2 times we went, he only played in the sand.

He still spent most of his time playing in the sand.

Lexi showing off her new swimsuit.

Maddie with her new swimsuit.
Maddie playing in the sand.
Lexi taking a break.
Maddie resting after 2 solid hours in the lake.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Glad your foot is feeling a little better and the kids got a day at the beach. What nice friend to help out!

I am proud of Nate for giving the water a try. Can't ask for more than that. The girl's new suits are cute. They didn't make girlie ones like those when I was their age. I also love Nate's swim trunks. You have my taste in clothes, I guess. Looks like Maddie's scratches are healing too.

glitzen said...

what cutie pie pics! How fun to hit the beach so often. Great pics!

Ariana Sullivan said...

I'm so glad to hear your foot is feeling better already.
You are one nice mommy to take your kids to the lake when you have a broken foot.

I love the girls' swimsuits. And way to go Nate getting in the water!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love the polka dot bathing suit.

You are a nice mommy to risk getting sand in your boot just so the kiddos can have a good time!

Brooke