Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Maine Vacation: Last Installment - Portland Head Lighthouse


The last place we stopped before heading home was Cape Elizabeth, Maine to take in Portland Head Lighthouse. Aside from Nubble Light (Cape Neddick), this is the prettiest lighthouse I've ever seen. What's cool about it, unlike Nubble, is that you can get right up close to it. It's awesome. The lighting (for pics with the kids anyway) was extremely harsh thus not making perfect photos and the wind was approximately 30mph constant while we were there. We will definitely be going back to this lighthouse for another visit, maybe even in the winter.

DISCLAIMER: I should've added this with the first post but almost all of the photos taken while we were on vacation were taken by the REAL photographer in the family - Joey. :)

A gorgeous shot on a gorgeous day.
A closeup.
An artsy-fartsy shot - my idea, Joe took the shot. I couldn't go crawling around on the ground with a broken foot.
Maddie looking at the lighthouse.
Lexi, Maddie, Nate
Nate, Maddie, Lexi
Maddie blowing the fuzzy dandelion - or at least trying to!
Lexi trying to blow her fuzzies!
The girls running in the open field next to the lighthouse.
Nate just taking a minute to himself.

10 comments:

Sheri said...

You've been holding out on us! These are just wonderful. I love the artsy-fartsy shot. What does this mean for me? LOL!

How did you do all this with your broken foot? You are a trooper, woman!

Brandy said...

I really should have put a disclaimer in there - most of the shots taken in Maine were taken by Joe, the REAL photographer in the family.

And how did I do it with a broken foot? VERY carefully! LOL To be completely honest, my foot has been feeling increasingly better to the point now where I've retired the boot! :)

Unknown said...

wow those are spectacular. I think whatever magic you were working with the camera settings and color saturation that day really really hit the jackpot. So many unbelievable ones. The depth of field in that first one feels like it's got some magic 3D effect. All great stuff.

Creative Junkie said...

OMGosh! I did a lighthouse calendar last year and I used stock photos and I think this lighthouse was part of it! I'm going to have to dig it out to see.

I LOVE lighthouses!

Such wonderful photos!

Ariana Sullivan said...

Ooooh, so pretty! These are just gorgeous. Joe did an amazing job!

That field is so beautiful. I wish I could visit there!

Just Tera said...

They are all so beautiful. What talent, although with such beautiful children it has to help.

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! Just beautiful!

Brooke

Tanya said...

Wow, those are gorgeous photos. I want to live in Maine in the worst way....it's so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
Looks like a great time :)
Lisasim

Our Creative Day said...

Great photos ~ Looks like a wonderful family trip! I would love to visit Maine someday!!!