Saturday, August 23, 2008

Maine Vacation: Portraits

One of my maine (yes a little pun) objectives of going to Maine was to get some family portraits at the beach. Like I mentioned before, Ariana's weekly family shots really inspired me to get more family pics. I think back from when I was a kid and I think we only had family shots done once or twice. Granted, it was a bit more difficult back then before the digital camera age...and it helps to have a photographer in the family. :)

Anyway, it was really sunny and bright the morning we went to take these, thus all the squinting by everyone. Still, I really loved the way they came out. You'd never tell that the kids (especially my Natey) were not enjoying the photography session. We tried to give them breaks to run around but we were fighting ol' Mother Nature as a storm was about to come rolling in.

Here are my favorites from this beach, York's Long Sands.

Obviously, you can tell me, Joe and Natey. Maddie is on the left and Lexi on the right.
The girls
Me and my boy!
Daddy and his girls.
Daddy and the kidlets!
Father and son
I love this one - looks like Nate is keeping track of his sisters!
I was really hoping for a better shot on this one (one where Nate was giving a good smile) but they bored VERY easily on this one and this was the ONLY shot with all 3 of them on the chair.
Lexi found this log half buried in the sand and the kids actually cooperated for this one a little bit.
This was one of the times we let them run around. I love it because Lexi's feet are actually off of the ground (can see if better if you click on the photo to make it bigger).

Coming up in the next installment of our Maine vacation, MORE portraits! This time from Hampton's sea wall! You can see last year's photos at the sea wall HERE.

7 comments:

Ariana Sullivan said...

Wow- all of those are soo nice. I love seeing you in more of the pictures.
My favorites are the whole family picture, the one of you and the girls, and the one of all three kids walking away from you in the last post.

You guys did a great job.
Are you going to print these for your wall?

linda said...

I love the photos,especially the one's with the whole family.. I also love the one of the kids running.. Great job on the photos, looks like a great vacation..

Brandy said...

Ariana - we'll be printing some of them. The family shot will be printed in 8x10 for a matted & framed print for the living room. And then we'll probably have a few others printed for the smaller frames. Last year I made a story board and we printed it in 24x36 and we have it hanging at the bottom of the stairs (into the playroom and office areas). I'm not sure if we'll do that again or not.

Creative Junkie said...

Those photos are simply wonderful! I love that one of them taken from behind when they're holding hands and walking ... it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family...beautiful pictures. I LOVE that last one with Lexi looking back & two feet off the ground. Priceless.

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

All of these are gorgeous, my favorite has to be the one of them all holding hands and walking on the beach. You have a beautiful family.

Cece

Anonymous said...

I love them all, but the running one is my fv of the kids together. I love back shots of kids walking/running.
Lisasim