Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hillsborough Ink
A play off Miami Ink
Joe and I were sitting in the living room today watching the Red Sox game when Lexi came roaring into the living room. I'm sure she was tattling about something Madison did to her but all I remember is Joe saying to me "What's under her chin?"
I had Lexi turn towards me and on the underside of her chin, she had a pen mark. Now for some unknown reason, I was NOT too concerned...until I realized a couple of things. 1 - The kids haven't had the pens/pencils/markers out for a couple of days. 2 - The girls really aren't allowed to play with pens/pencils anyway. I told Joe he'd better go and check it out.
Then I heard the "Uh, you'd better come back and look at this" rung out from the back bedroom. The story we're getting is that they "found" the pen under Nate's bed. And we know that Nate wasn't involved because he was out in the living room playing with his cars.
It took us just a few seconds to figure out how they got the marks so high on the closet door - the pretty pink Princess chairs. They stood on them to get the marks nice and high.
Joe and I held back the laughter as we asked who did it. Nate immediately offered up his sisters, which isn't unusual. And then the "Maddie did it!" and "Lexi did it!" in unison quickly followed. I'm inclined to believe it was Madison simply because this isn't the first time she's left her mark. Check out this post from March 2007 - Writing On The Walls

But I don't doubt for a minute that Alexis had a hand in it.

We made them stage the scene - and Maddie's guilt shined through because she cried and cried!

And a small portion of the masterpiece.


While we did find it extremely amusing, we did NOT let them in on our amusement. They've lost all coloring utensils and coloring books/paper for at least a week. We can find laughter in this because we have now lived in this house 3 years and these particular closet doors (in Nate's room), still have not been painted. :) Guess we'll be working on that soon.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

So Madison gave herself away? How cute and funny your girls are! I know of a few times my siblings did this but with my mom's nail polish. One of my brothers wasn't too old yet and wrote his own name on the kitchen wall!

You and Joe sound like John and I. You can't help but crack up but the kids sure don't need to know!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! My hubby would have hit the roof! You guys are such good sports! We've had some incidents like this too and I've banned writing utensils too but there always seems to be a stray one somewhere, darn it! Thank goodness for the magic erasers though!

Brooke

Tish said...

Stinkers! Kilz primer covers up red crayon pretty well, so I'd imagine it would work pretty well ont he ink when you go to paint the doors.

I've been reading for the past few weeks - trying to do better about leaving comments for folks!

Tish (a mostly lurker at 2Ps)

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Oh, boy, have I been there. They are almost proud of their artwork. You have to discipline while holding back the smiles. The house we lived in when my youngest was around 3 was a different color (his bedroom) from his height down because I had used Clorox Clean-Up so many times to erase his artwork. LOL

Cece